Serves 1-2 Time: 15 minutes
2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup organic extra firm tofu, sliced
1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, rough chopped
1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
2 tablespoons white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
by Ayinde Howell, co- author The Lusty Vegan
1. Using a potato peeler, peel outer green skin from zucchini completely. Shave noodle-sized strips from top to bottom rotating the zucchini as you go.
2. Place zucchini noodles in bowl, cover with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt, and set aside until ready to serve.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add tofu. Sauté for about 3 minutes, browning on both sides.
4. Add mushrooms, sauté for 2 minutes, stirring well and constantly.
5. Add carrots and onions, sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in white wine and and cook another 3-4 minute.
7. Serve hot over raw zucchini noodles.