Serves 6-10 Time: 20 minutes
1 ripe pineapple, cut into half inch slices
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Combine the coconut sugar, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl, and toss the pineapple slices in it to coat thoroughly.
2. Grill on both sides until you see nice grill marks, about 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
Serve as is, or with whipped cream (recipe below).
Tip! The oil can be omitted if desired -- just be sure to lightly brush the grill with oil or non-stick spray, or you may have to pry the pineapple slices off the grill.
Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Whipped Crème Topping
by Miyoko Schinner author The Home made Vegan Pantry
Coconut Whipped Crème Topping
Serves 6 Time: 10 minutes
1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled in the refrigerator for one week or more
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lime zest
1. Open the can of coconut milk and remove the solidified part only, pouring off the water.
2. Put the coconut milk solids in a bowl, and use an electric mixer to whip it to soft peaks.
3. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and lime zest, and serve on top of the pineapple slices.