Creamy Dill Beet RAWvioli
by Elizabeth Fraser aka Girl Gone Raw
1 - 2 medium large beets 1/4 cup of olive oil
2- 3 cloves of garlic
1 cup of cashews, soaked 1-2 hours
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast - optional
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons dried dill or 1/4 cup fresh dill
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 - 3/4 cup of water
1. Place all RAWvioli filling ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Place filling mixture in a bowl.
3. Wash your beets and trim off tops and bottoms. Leave your beets as they are or square them by slicing a little off each side to shape them into a square.
4. Set your mandoline to a thin setting (1/16") and slice the beets. You will need 64 beet slices to make 32 RAWviolis. Save leftover beet pieces for a salad or the juicer.
5. Get out 4 plates. Drizzle a little olive oil onto each plate with some minced garlic.
6. Place 8 beet slices on each plate. Spoon a little RAWvioli filling onto the center of each beet piece, then place another beet piece on top to seal it. Repeat until you have 32 RAWviolis.
7. Leave 1 to 2 tablespoons of RAWvioli filling in the bowl, mix in 2 or 3 tablespoons of water, then drizzle thinned mixture over RAWviolis. Sprinkle dill or micro greens on top to garnish. Serve and eat up! RAWLISH!